Date and Orange Slice
450gr Pitted Dates
1 orange (preferably organic) chopped fine with skin
1/3-2/3cup of water
350gr whole meal flour
350gr rolled oats
1. Heat the oven to 200c and prepare a baking tray 23x33cm
2. Heat water in a sauce pan with the dates and orange, cover and bring to a simmer, simmer for 20 min, cool a bit and mash to a smooth paste.
3. Mix together flour, oats, butter and honey. Take half of the mixture and press onto the tin.
4. Cover with the date and orange paste and finish with the rest of the oats and flour mixture, press down lightly or alternately roll on baking paper and transfer on to the baking tray.
5. Bake for 20-25min, cool before cutting.